Machine Readable Files
To access the Machine Readable Files for the Transparency in Coverage Rule, Contact our Member Services at 877-347-7225 to obtain the fund’s EIN. Once you have the EIN, click on this link https://www.empireblue.com/machine-readable-file/search to search for the associated files.
Price Comparison Tool
To access the Price Comparison Tool for the No Surprises Act, please register and set up an account on www.EmpireBlue.com (note: exclude the first three letters of your member ID when registering) then follow the below steps.
- Log in to account on www.EmpireBlue.com.
- Under “Connect With Care”, select “Find Care & Cost”.
- Enter your zip code and search by doctor, hospital, or procedure.
- Check the box next to the providers/hospitals you wish to compare.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Compare Now”.
Important Tax Notice: Form 1095-B – Health Coverage Information
The Form 1095-B is an annual report that identifies which months you and your dependents were enrolled in “minimum essential coverage.” Due to recent changes to federal law, you are no longer required to provide a Form 1095-B when filing your federal taxes to prove that you were enrolled in “minimum essential coverage.” If you would like a Form 1095-B, the Fund will provide you one upon request. A copy of this form will be provided to you within 30 days of your request.
There are three ways to request a Form 1095-B:
- Send an email to email@example.com .
- Call the Fund’s Customer Service department at 877-347-7225
- Mail a request to:
Attn: 1095-B Request
Building Trades Welfare Benefit Fund
c/o Dickinson Group
585 Stewart Ave
Garden City, NY 11531
Please include your Member ID, Member first/last name, and Member’s date of birth in your request.